WordPress core update scan
This scan checks you have the latest stable version of WordPress installed.
SecuPress will install the latest stable version of WordPress available on the official repository.
What if the fix doesn't work ?
You have several options here:
- First, try to manually update WordPress using the standard updates page (
- The official WordPress repository may be temporarily unavailable. Just wait a few minutes and try again.
- Access your site via FTP and open up the
wp-config.phpfile at the root directory of your site. Look for the following line and delete it :
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );
Caution : do not mistake this line with the
DISALLOW_FILE_EDITconstant ! If the line doesn't exist, then you have nothing else to do.
- Access your site via FTP, check the chmod for the folder hosting your WordPress install is set to
0755. If it is or if you don't have access to the folder then you have nothing else to do. If you don't know what 'chmod' is then do nothing. Once the chmod is set, try clicking the 'fix it' button again.
- Access your site via FTP and update WordPress manually. To do this, download the zip file from the official repository, unzip the folder on your computer and replace the files on your site. Just make sure you do not override the
/wp-content/folder, as it stores all of your themes, plugins and uploads ! We recommend you backup your site before proceeding to a manual update.