Plugin update scan
This scan checks your plugins are up-to-date.
SecuPress will simply update every plugin that needs an update.
What if the fix doesn't work ?
Several solutions are possible.
- Try to manually update the plugin from the usual plugins page (
- The official WordPress repository may be temporary unavailable. Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Access your site via FTP, open up the
wp-config.phpfile at the root of your site, and look for the following line and delete it:
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );
Caution : do not mistake this line with the
DISALLOW_FILE_EDITconstant ! If the line doesn't exist, then you have nothing else to do.
- Access your site via FTP, check the chmod for the
/wp-content/plugins/are set to
0755. If they are then you have nothing else to do. If you don't know what 'chmod' is then do nothing. Once the chmod is set, try clicking the 'fix it' button again.
- Access your site via FTP and manually update the plugins. To do this, download the zip file from the official repository, or from the plugin author's website if it's a premium plugin. Unzip the folder on your computer and replace the files on your site.