Theme update scan
This scan checks your themes are up-to-date.
SecuPress will simply update all of your themes that need an update.
What if the fix doesn't work ?
Several solutions are possible.
- Try to manually update the themes from the usual themes page (
- The official WordPress repository may be temporary unavailable. Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Access your site via FTP, open up the
wp-config.phpfile at the root of your site, and look for the following line and delete it:
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );
Caution : do not mistake this line with the
DISALLOW_FILE_EDITconstant ! If the line doesn't exist, then you have nothing else to do.
- Access your site via FTP, check the chmod for the
/wp-content/themes/are set to
0755. If they are then you have nothing else to do. If you don't know what 'chmod' is then do nothing. Once the chmod is set, try clicking the 'fix it' button again.
- Access your site via FTP and manually update the themes. To do this, download the zip file from the official repository, or from the theme author's website if it's a premium theme. Unzip the folder on your computer and replace the files on your site